Wicked! Reminded me of the convenience store music you get in hotline miami. Would love to hear more stuff like this!
Fantastic! I love the jaunty nature of this piece. Great!
Glad you dig it!
Fantastic! I love how lonely it sounds.
What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss?
It's the pricipalic serial killer that comes to mind with this piece. Already left his carnage under the righteousness of his own maxims.
I love the 'warp into the carpet' and 'burnt to a crisp' and how these instances are enunciated by your guitar playing. Just excellent. I've said this a thousand times but I'm gonna start making montages and my friend your song pieces will most definitely be in them. I wish there were more deserts around here! I guess I'd have to enunciate such conditions in a city environment.
I gots meself a pony on a stick.
Hahah is that your voice or have you applied a flanger to it? Love the off-key guitars
Hahah I heard deoderant in here I don't know why?! Were you just looking at stuff in your room and improvising. It's very good. Could interpret this piece could be an analogy for a child becoming an adult and being pretty annoyed when they come one. Kinda similar to Beefheart himself.
Nah, no effects were used on my voice.
This was made with 5 guitar recordings. 2 of them were from a guitar that was actually in tune, but I was using a slide on those, so it didn't matter.
The 3 other guitar recordings were from a baby guitar terribly out of tune with 3 strings on it.
As for the meaning, I will stay silent on this matter XP
Thanks for the review as always.
An old squeezy man living indoors in the desert making sounds with his eyelids scraping against the inside of his broken fridge. Dust fills the air which is surprisingly cool and weary. The fridge broke 5 minutes ago. The man and his non-physical friends warp into the carpet and spin. They are found dead 2 months later, burned to a crisp.
This is now my new ringtone.
Jonny Greenwood can F*** the F*** Off!
Ominous, surreal, that-feeling-of-looking-over-your-sho uldor. This piece is just captivating. I espeically love the violin-esque sound at the back which increases and decreases through the song. And the composition! My my my! What program are you using for this Comic because it is just divine.
This piece is just oh-so strange. At first I got a very broad idea of that it sets me in a dark and creepy city. Pretty cliche I know. However, when all the other sounds come in I feel as if I'm in a medeval castle and then other sounds came in and then I thought no way this is definately a creepy sci-fi piece and then the glocks at the end and it's like NO WAY I'm in a 1950s detective piece. Basically this piece encapsulates every theme in existence.
And you still ask, seriously Ragnampiza, how good is this piece? Well it's on my mp3 player along with Sundenhosen.
Oh and initially this piece reminded me of There Will Be Blood, hence the title.
How long did it take you to make this piece? And what was the creative process?
Truly Marvelous ComicAlfonzo! An original artist; that is what you are.
It was made with Garritan Instruments for Finale. It's a combination of messing with knobs that I pre-programmed with some odd sounding chords, and then plugging in some odd melodies.
As for how long it took.. it took me a couple shots recording to get it right, but it is a very spontaneous piece mostly done on the spot. I couldn't tell you exactly how long it took though.
It's mostly improvisation.
Glad you like it though, I just kind of knew that you would dig it. ;P
Move over Weird al!
Entertaining as fuck! And irritatingly catchy.
Reminded me of Fu-gee-las by the Fugees. And a bit of La Caution for good measure. Excellent loop. I might use this for something if you don't mind. It will probably be a lovely time-lapse interspliced with other clips and laods of effects and stuff. The clip will probably be a bag of piss compared to this piece, but fuck you. I love this man!
What program did you use?
Thanks, man! Go for it, all my music is free to use.
I use Fruityloops.
The video game sounds the other beeps and drums, just excellent. What program did you use to make this? I'm very impressed!
Believe it or not, I used Fruity Loops. But I don't use it the normal way. I mainly only use it to have a way to organize all my beats and samples. Most of the sound in this comes from Youtube. I sample regular ol things I find on there, use Wavepad to chop and screw them, and then use FL to edit them and turn them in to synths. Only about 10% of the shit in my songs is pre-packaged FL stuff. The other 90% is samples I edited. And I'm really really really really glad you like it : ) thanks.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.